DCS – Revised Competitor Analysis

After doing more observation and research on what’s in the market, I decided to change my potential competitors to Whiteboard Journal, Visionaire, @jogjastreetstyle, and Urban Sneakers Society (USS) Feed.

As I mentioned before, @jogjastreetstyle is an account on Instagram made by Tita and Gil from Jogjakarta, and they mainly documenting people’s personal styles in Jogja. They usually upload photos with the name and job of the people who got featured or if they’re capturing in an event, they’ll just capture the photos (but usually their followers will mention the person in the photos and @jogjastreetstyle will tag them). I feel that our concept is the closest when they collaborated with an art event, All You Can Art in 2016 before and did their first photo story exhibition celebrating personal style titled: “Style, Story, and Statement”.

In the exhibition, @jogjastreetstyle presented photos of eight people with different styles, complemented with their daily life stories and personality. With the exhibition, they were trying to take down people’s judgement on other people based on their outer appearances–which is also the aim of GILIGILI.

The second one is USS Feed. They’re the biggest and fastest-growing fashion media in Indonesia right now, but they have a specific category that they talk about: streetwear. As the name implies, Urban Sneakers Society, they started from sneakers community, which is very close to streetwear. This is why I feel they’re not my competitor.