Editing Practice

Ever since I came to London, I tried my hands on anything that I can try, one of them is editing images. I have some projects back from home that hasn’t published yet and needed some editing to make it more appealing. My friends who helped me edit the photos is currently busy so I attempted to do it myself.

Violet Stellar
Because the photographer usually does commercial work, the editing became somewhat commercial too. The character that I made seemed too pretty–while I aimed for quirky as she’s like a princess gymnastic from another galaxy. And because this was a beauty shoot, the dynamic of the poses was limited. I edited the pictures to ‘scanned old magazine’ feel in order to town down the prettiness.

Twin Moon
For the first two photos, I cleaned the background and gave a little correction to the brightness, contrast etc. Then I added some ‘anime’ effects because in my head they’re space rangers who roam the galaxy to safe people–in anime style.
For the second one, I practised on correcting skin colour and smoothen it. If you look closely, you can tell the differences between before (left) and after (right).
For the last one, I did the same skin colour correction and added some sparkle to further heighten the edginess of the characters.

Uranus
As the God of the sky, I wanted to make Uranus more ‘fairy-like’. My friend helped me turned the sky to blue (it was flat white), then I added planets/stars on the sky to emphasizes ‘outer space’. I also gave her fairy wings and butterflies friends.

Overall, I feel satisfied with the pictures and proud of myself since I edited them only with guides from Youtube and Google. From now on, not only doing pre and production, I want to make more materials to hone my post-production skill.